At Scamps we offer a wide range of activities and facilities suitable to the different ages and needs of the children attending the different sessions.
- A large sports hall suitable for ball and team games and physical activities.
- Large established grounds, mature trees offering shade. A sensory area which is currently in its infancy. Climbing frames to suit all ages and an enclosed trampoline. Challenging tyre walk, netball, football and many more exciting activities.
- Pool and table tennis tables.
- An arts and crafts room-for a wide range of activities using a variety of materials.
- Comfortable sitting areas and tables with books, board games and construction toys.
- Space and facilities for dressing up and role-play.
- TV room.
- Quieter areas for children to do their homework.
- Electronic games (Playstation, Wii).
Staff supervise all areas that are in use at all times, working with the children, giving support and help when needed.
The activities at Scamps Afterschool and Holiday Club are set out on a rota, displayed for the parents and children to see the activities available that week.
The use of electronic games is regulated by the staff; who will allocate time slots to try and ensure a fair and equal system.
Drinks and Food at Scamps
Water is available to the children at all the sessions at all times.
After School: A well thought out, nutritious and popular tea is provided.
Wraparound: A platter of fresh fruit and/or vegetables is available as a healthy snack. Children are asked to bring a lunch box.
Little Scamps: A self selection snack bar is available with a platter of fresh fruit.
Holiday Club: A nutritious cooked lunch is provided. Children are asked to bring a packed tea with them if they are staying until after 4pm. A cool-pack is advisable for warm days.
Scamps aims to be ‘NUT FREE' and ask for parents/carer’s cooperation with this. Please check all food labels, as a variety of foods may contain traces.